Hand stamped cosmetic purse and sunglasses case

Earlier this year I came across a great Etsy shop called Yardwork where Susan the owner designs and sells, among other items, clear stamp sets that can be used to create repeating patterns. I used them to create the patterned fabric to sew this cosmetic purse and sunglasses case. To give it durability and gloss, I covered the fabric with iron-on vinyl before sewing. It's amazing how 2 stamps can create such a striking pattern. I'm really pleased with how they turned out and now just need to find time to create some more!


When I do any sort of fabric colouring or stamping I use products from Genesis Creations. They have a fabulous range of Australian made and developed non toxic fabric paints and liquid colours for fabric colouring (dyeing).

I have a neat tip for colouring the lining fabric to match the outside design. When I am finished with the small foam roller that I use to apply the paint to the stamps, I soak it in a small container of water. That coloured water is then used to colour/dye the fabric. Genesis Creations fabric paints have a soft base cold cure formulation which means they are colour fast and fully washable after a few days of curing. Curing is as simple as leaving the fabric to dry and sit for a few days. So no nasty chemicals to set the dye and you are using something you would  normally wash down the sink!


I'll include a more detailed post about how to do this within the next few days.

Comments