Using Decorative Masks - Part 4 - Doodling and Gesso

Here is Part 4 of my Decorative Mask series as promised. It took a bit longer than expected to post it as I got side tracked with all of the new products from the 2015 Holiday Catalogue from Stampin' Up! There are 2 techniques to show you today - Doodling and using Gesso.

Doodling is a lot of fun and can be a great stress reliever! It is so easy. Just place a Decorative Mask over cardstock, grab a marker and start doodling in each section of the mask. Makes a quick and easy card.


You can do any sort of pattern. I love the cross hatch but you can really vary it. Each mask will give a different look.


Using Gesso through a mask can give great texture to your projects. Once the gesso is dry you can colour it with ink or paint.


Partially smearing the gesso through the decorative mask creates a great background for your cards. If you use a dark cardstock such as the Blackberry Bliss that I have used the gesso may take on some of the cardstock colour. In the example below my gesso went slightly pink so I have use Pink Pirouette as my card base.


It's so easy to do. Place your decorative mask over your cardstock. Use a spatula to smear gesso through the stencil. Don't play with it too much. Carefully lift off the mask and allow cardstock to dry. Wash your mask straight away.


I hope that you have enjoyed this series and that those of you coming to a class will enjoy it too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.