Just married for Just Add Ink JAI#300

When I read the Just Add Ink post last week with their latest challenge I knew that I wanted to participate. It is their 300th challenge. While I don't always get time to enter I always love to think about what I would make. Congrats to all at Just Add Ink for your weekly inspiration. I look forward to many more challenges from you. This week the inspiration is a sketch.


Since I have been recovering from surgery and haven't been able to stamp I wasn't sure if I could make the deadline but make it I have! It has taken days to sneak into my craft room to do 10 minutes here and there. I have used 2 stamp sets that I have been itching to experiment with from Stampin' Up! - Timeless Textures and Beautiful Ride. This is what I came up with. It may not be my best work (smudges galore) and the photography may not be great (pouring with rain) but I am happy that I a starting to be able to do one of things I love the most - lose myself in stamping!

 
The car and luggage is stamped on watercolour paper watercoloured using and aqua painter and ink pad. A touch of gold Wink of Stella adds a bit of detail. Different images from Timeless Textures have been stamped around the outside of a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock in matching ink.

 

I have been lying in bed thinking about how to use the tape image in the Timeless Textures set. I didn't want it to be that one stamp that I neglected. If you stamp it over the 2 layers you don't get a perfect image so this is what I came up with. I positioned the layers as desired, lay the stamp in position and drew around it.  I also traced around an image of the car which I cut out about 3 mm inside the lines so that I didn't have to erase the pencil line.


This is what you end up with. Then you separate the layers and stamp on each piece using the stamp outline to line up. When you place the top layer over the top it lines up seamlessly. It helps to have and angle like my top layer as no one knows if you have to alter it by a few degrees! The outline of the car helps for placement of the collage using the Timeless Textures stamps. I'm not naturally artistic so if I have a guide it helps me visualise how it will turn out.


I plan to do 2 more of these cards using the same design and stamp sets but for different occasions and so I will include the list of materials in that post. I have used up my quota of energy today but am very happy to have done something crafty.

Comments

  1. Lou I just love this! Your main panel has so much texture and interest all from stamping and the beautiful water colouring! Great tip for using that tape image too! Hope your recovery goes well. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I really enjoyed the challenge. Congrats on reaching 300.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I just adore this cute card and I don't believe you when you say there are smudges!!! I really love your water colouring too :)
    I hope you're feeling better soon and you have a little more energy to keep crafting.
    We really appreciate you playing along and celebrating our 300th challenge.


    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish, The smudges have hearts over them. I couldn't photograph the inside as it had lots of black smudges. It'll have to be redone. Congrats on reaching 300!

      Delete
  3. Lou, this is such a wonderful, modern wedding card. I love how you've watercoloured the car elements. It goes beautifully with the grungy background. Nice tips too. Take care of you & I hope you're well on the way to recovery very soon. So glad you could play along with our 300th challenge.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Di, I had fun making this card. It had been in my head so it was great to get it out! Congrats on reaching 300.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lou,congratulations on winning this week. And great effort on completing it in stages. Love the watercoloring of the bug, and those fussy cut images are amazing. Get well quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.