Global Design Project #GDP053 - Guest Designer

A month ago I was lucky enough to be chosen as the winner of the Global Design Project colour challenge with my caravan shadow box. My prize? A guest designer spot for this month's colour challenge. I was both excited and petrified - the talent in this group is amazing.

http://www.global-design-project.com/

The colours for the challenge this month are really great so once I got over the performance anxiety I knew exactly what I wanted to do - a Christmas card. I like using non-traditional colours for Christmas to give a fresh, modern take and I thought these would do just the trick. Perfect for an Australian Christmas!

http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/09/global-design-project-053-colour.html

I love it when a plan comes together and I can get the card in my head out just as I imagined it would look. I have had this card with an aperture swimming around in my head ever since I saw the Be Jolly, By Golly stamp set in the 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue. This type of card is great for that special someone.


By die cutting through your card front and mat you can sandwich in a piece of window sheet or acetate so that your sentiment peeks through from the inside. Strips of Fancy Frost DSP and Watermelon Wonder cardstock add a nice border and help make the 'bauble' pop. And don't forget a bow made from some of the new gold baker's twine.


The Be Jolly, By Golly stamp set coordinates with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies - anything that helps me justify a purchase is a good thing! My card is very simple but sometimes less is definitely more!


I had some left over pieces from the card so decided to make a bag of tags as well. I found this great Night of Navy ribbon and wondered why I hadn't used it for a while. After I made the bow and fell in love with it I realised why - it is retired. So sorry for that but nothing else that I had on hand would cut it!


If you haven't had a good look at this stamp set, you really should! It has so many 2 step stamps such as the Christmas trees with decorations and lovely sentiments. This one stamp set really has a lot to offer when you look closely. There different 2 and 3 step stamps such as the diamonds on the bag tag that will be great for more than Christmas.


Glassine bags are a quick, easy solution for packaging. By adding a quick tag you get a really stylish packet of tags. The bag could even be reused to put a gift in.


I have attached the tag with a gold binder clip.


All packaged up!


If you find colour challenges tricky remember that you can vary the proportion of each colour until you are happy with the look. For my card I have used slivers of Watermelon Wonder. Too much of it and my card turned into a 4th of July card!

Thanks to the GDP team for giving me this opportunity - I have loved it - and to you for taking the time to read my post - very much appreciated. Apologies for the photography. The weather on the Sunshine Coast this week has been less than sunny so my photos had to be taken in between showers when a snippet of sun poked through.

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. I really love your card Lou. Those colours used on a Christmas card are so contemporary and really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my lap top this morning and can see the tags better, I'm loving the watermelon wonder, you've balanced the colours beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for both comments Megan. Appreciate it. I got to love this combination once I changed the proportions around.

      Delete
  3. Lou, I am so happy you were are our guest designer this week. Your winning project blew my socks off and you have managed to do just that again with these amazing projects! I adore your peek-a-boo card. The tag set is so cool that I now have to buy that stamp set!! You are amazing xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paula, I had fun with the tags. There is so much to this set when you really look. Thanks for choosing me for this guest spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold worked great with the Swirly Scribbles! Arrangement of objects is superb! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.