Greetings from Santa for JAI #336 and #GDP062


So let me set the scene of how today has gone down. I have just finished making 20 or so of the 3D shaker tin Christmas ornaments that I showed you last week all ready to sell. I'm covered in glitter. I know something is up when the parcel guy gets startled when he looks at me.....yep glitter really does get everywhere...and I personally think it looks festive with it in my hair and across my forehead! Millie, my very furry cat, is also covered in glitter. Amazing how she appears just as the lid comes of the glitter tin! Now I have to put up with her glaring accusingly at me as she bathes...tongue glittery! This is Millie rolling around while I was trying to take photos for this post. It was hard to capture but little tiny glitter flakes are swirly around in the air. Very pretty and cute and helped relieve a bit of the stress of doing my ornaments.


So with that in mind I set about making a card for a challenge or 2. I really needed some non-traditional Christmas colours so the challenge over at Just Add Ink this week was perfect.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/just-add-ink-336colour.html

And after a lot of precise work and klutzy glitter spillage the sketch challenge over at Global Design Project also fitted the bill.
http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/11/global-design-project-062-sketch.html
In my class on Monday I taught the ladies how to do Twist and Pop cards. Because they were fresh in my mind I decided to go with that card fold today. The front is very simple and the sketch was a great inspiration. The Greetings from Santa bundle is one of my favourites and it is so versatile. Perfect for this type of card.


This card fold is definitely business on the front and party on the inside!


If you are a regular reader you know I love a good 3D card fold that folds flat to fit into a standard envelope.


The Greetings from Santa set has lots of images and framelits for you to use to add great detail without the layout getting too busy. I think if I go to the trouble of making someone a fancy card then I need to have room to write a decent message to them.


The Stitched Shapes framelits add a simple but elegant design detail.


There are 2 border framelits for you to use in the Greetings from Santa bundle. You can add a different colour behind to give a pop. I have used Blushing Bride here.


It's a simple design feature but I think it is really effective. Are you supposed to say that about your own work????


Now to the fold......You might have seen this on lots of blogs and done in lots of different ways. The best explanation I found was done by Teresa Leggo a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator here in Australia. Make sure you check out her creations. For the class I printed the instructions out so that when we cut the template the 2 were together. My biggest tip to you is make a template for each fancy card fold you make. You would be surprised how often I come back to templates, often years after making them. This template is a bit scrappy but it is mine and has been well used.


Message me if you would like the file to print onto cardstock to make your own template by using the contact tab at the top of this blog.

Now to see if I can deglitter myself and Millie!

Lou


Product List

Comments

  1. Wow - what a gorgeous, elaborate, card, Lou! I love that you can't tell from the front just what you're about to find when you open it. Lovely use of the challenge colours. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful surprise card, Lou! So elegant and I love how you've kept the front clean and layered with the pop of colours on the inside. Thanks for sharing with us again at Just Add Ink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this will make someones day Lou. The front is all texture and then you open it up and it just keeps going with lots of glorious Christmas detail. What a great Christmas surprise! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - that is cool. Totally agree - the party IS on the inside. Well done and thank you for sharing. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, THAT was a surprise! Loved the simplicity of the front - and then BAM!! Wow, what a stunning card Lou! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.