Just Add Ink #372 - Colour Challenge.

Happy Friday! Some weeks I wonder how Friday gets here so quickly. Does that ever happen to you? Well what better way to ease into the weekend than with our Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have this gorgeous colour combination from Nikki.

I knew exactly what I wanted to make as soon as I saw these colours. But I just had to wait until my new products from the new Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue arrived. You can order these from September 1st. Now the parcel guy and I have a special bond. He comes (a little bit too) regularly and he always says that I am the only person so happy to see him. He knows me quite well by now - so well that he always gets concerned when he delivers shoes or clothes - that means I've been sick and self-medicating with new shoes or clothes. I'm sure Dr Google suggested it!

Anyway that's probably TMI but I figure if you take the time to read my posts you might as well get to know the real me! I often crack myself up and even if I am the only one to laugh that's okay. So I guess you are hoping I get onto my card now! This is made using the Christmas Quilt bundle. Oh the fun I will have with this.


This is such a pretty colour combination and I thought it would look pretty as a quilt block. The new Quilt Top Textures Impressions Embossing Folder is so gorgeous and I think I will be using it a lot.


Don't you just love this medallion? And what about the faux stitching? Best hand quilting I have ever done! Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets will be your best friend if you get this bundle. My tip for you is to pop the adhesive sheet onto the back of some cardstock in the colour of your border, die cut with the large square and then the frame and shapes all stick to it. No mess and frustration.


And how cute is that needle and cotton spool? I have wrapped Pool Party bakers twine around it and secured the ends with glue dots.


Bit chatty today ..... sorry! Using this bundle reminded me of learning to quilt with my Nana and made me sentimental and a touch sad. Really special memories for me. I hope that you pop over to Just Add Ink and check out what the rest of the Design Team did with these colours. Why not enter the challenge! We'd love to see what you come up with.

Lou

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. Still closing my eyes! LOL
    But I did peek enough to know it's a gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is very pretty Lou! I love how your Tide frame makes the softer details really pop and your little spool is so super cute! This set wasn't on my watch list but that seems to be changing :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and the wee thread and needle is adorable! I get all my parcels delivered to my husband's work and the courier is adamant he delivers something for me every day. I'm pretty sure it works out to every second day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set hadn't really been on my radar until this beauty Lou! Love, love, love that embossing folder and super cute ribbon twine detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This suite was at the top of my wishlist, so love that you've given it lots of love. Your card is so fresh & lovely & has such great texture. I love the touches of the spool & needle too.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Lou, simple and elegant. I love your little twine spool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Lou. It looks simple but I know its anything but that! Love how the medallion is like a flower and that tiny silver needle is really special! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.