Stamp Review Crew - Spooky Cat


Hi Everyone. What a way to start my week! This is my very first hop with the Stamp Review Crew. I was so happy/excited/shocked/scared/ecstatic when Tanya asked me to join. Each fortnight I have loved seeing the great projects from the crew members and am really happy (as you have probably already gathered!) to become part of the crew. The Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we will showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it.

For this hop we are featuring Spooky Cat.

I, like the majority of Australians, don't celebrate Halloween, but I am a big cat lover. So of course I needed this stamp set so that I could stamp the face on my cat after I punched it out using the coordinating cat punch.

I was hoping for something really elegant and stylish for my first hop with SRC but instead my cards turned out a bit 'arts and craftsy'. I do know 2 cat lovers who will love these when they receive them at Christmas time so I guess that is the main thing. I might also just have a few ideas of how you can use this set a bit differently. (You honestly wouldn't want to see the inside of my brain and how it goes off on creative tangents!).

So onto my cards. I have used some elements to show you a cat's dream Christmas! What self-respecting cat wouldn't love rat ornaments???


Both card are just a bit of fun really. I had fun manipulating the stamps and using them in different ways.



I trimmed the punched cat down to make him lie down and used the large lines stamp for some gold embossed fur and and a copper embossed mat. To make the cat less spooky, I added some whiskers.


Because this stamp set is photopolymer it is easy to bend the stamps to get different shapes. I have used the small lined stamp to create tinsel and added some copper embossed rat ornaments. Who knew rat tails made the perfect decoration hanger!


The bubbles from the potions made a perfect background for the sentiment to sit on. This sentiment is from Santa Paws.


And of course the card inside got some love too. The small lined stamp fits perfectly into the Everyday Label punch.

The small lined stamp made a perfect Christmas tree complete with rat ornaments. A cat could just sit for hours and admire this tree!

Of course the tree needed to have a rat angel at the top!

So there you have it. A bit of fun and a different way to use the Spooky Cat stamp set. Make sure you check out all of the great projects everyone has made by clicking on the next button of each post. Next up is fellow new crew member  Lauren.

Lou

Product List
Cat Punch
[144666]
$31.00
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! How clever is this! I have a few cat loving friends who would love to receive either of these. Welcome to the Stamp Review Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my these are SO fun! Kitties are my soft spot so I totally agree that a cat lover would be delighted to receive one of these cuties! And welcome to the crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't see that coming! And I thought I was being creative with the Spooky Cat stamp set! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, Lou! Love how you made the cat lay down and your rat ornaments are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Lou! I love how you recreated the shape/position of the cat. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are perfect for cat lovers! There are so many clever little nuances, like using the cat punch to make a different type of kitty shape and using the mice as decorations for Christmas! Thanks for sharing these two great cards and welcome to the Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cat cards are so cute. Just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!!! The cat's dream Christmas cards are so clever with so many little details. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.